Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
Facelift surgery, also called Rhytidectomy is performed often to hide the signs of ageing on the face. As a person ages, the signs of old age start showing up inside the body and out. The external appearance on the face includes sagging of skin on the face, jaws, wrinkles under the eyes, around the mouth etc. This happens as the tissues and skin lose their elastic nature unlike when a person is in his/her young age.
Rhytidectomy (facelift surgery) is aimed at lifting and tightening the tissues under the face and removing the excess sagging skin. Usually facelift surgery doesn’t involve correcting anything above the lower eye line.
Who is a good candidate for facelift surgery?
Not just everyone can walk in and ask their plastic surgeon to correct their face to look younger.
- The person needs to be in good health and must not have any other medical condition that could interfere with the surgery or the recovery process.
- The person should not be a smoker or someone who abuses drugs. If the person smokes, the plastic surgeon would suggest quitting a couple of months before the scheduled surgery. Smoking hinders the healing process of the body.
- The person should have a realistic expectation about how he/she looks after the surgery. Take any doctor in the world, getting back the youthful look during old age is 100% not possible. At best, the face may look younger by a decade or so.
Different types of facelift surgeries performed at Flood Gates Plastic Surgery Clinic
Not everyone will have the same requirement when it comes to cosmetic surgery of any part of the body. Some may want only a small part of their face corrected while some may want everything from cheeks to the neck corrected. Types of facelift surgeries based on what needs to be performed are:
- Mini facelift – The surgery focuses on the loose skin around the jowl. (Neck and Jawline).
- Mid facelift – Involves tightening the skin and tissues on the cheeks and around the nose area. This may include removing the wrinkles around the mouth.
- Non-surgical facelift – This is what most of the people look for when they want to get the youthful look on their face back. There is no incision or anaesthesia required for a non-surgical facelift. This procedure can help reduce the signs of ageing including removing the wrinkles and sagging skin on the face.
Different types of non-surgical facelift procedures include:
- Vampire facelifts
- Liquid facelifts.
- Thread lifts.
Cost of facelift surgery (Rhytidectomy) in Chennai
As of today, July 2022, the cost of facelift surgery for men in Chennai ranges between Rs. 1,50,000 to Rs.5,00,000 depending on the following factors:
- What needs to be done (whether it is a mini, mid or non surgical procedure)
- Who is performing the surgery (The expertise of the plastic surgeon performing the procedure).
- The reputation of the clinic where the surgery is being performed. This tells the hygiene and protocols followed before, during and after the surgery.
Looking for a cheaper clinic for your facelift surgery? It is better not to go for such options instead of going for cheaper surgeons. After all, it is your face that you and everyone else look at everyday!
Risks and side effects of Rhytidectomy
- Risk of anaesthesia exists just like any procedure that puts the patient under sedation.
- Bleeding from the site of incision
- Possible infection, formation of pus and oozing of blood and pus from the incision site during surgery. This is why it is really important to pick the right surgeon and hospital for all your surgical needs.
- Formation of blood clots
- Irregular adjustment of fat and tissues under the skin of the face.
- Numbness during recovery. Temporary loss of sensation is fine but it shouldn’t last longer than a week or 10 days.
- Swelling and inflammation of the face.
If you are looking for minimally invasive surgery to hide signs of ageing on your face, you can opt for dermal fillers.
Dermal fillers are injectable fillers that can plump up your lips, concave cheeks, remove fine lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet and lighten dark spots on the face. This is a low cost procedure that can give you short term results.
Know about Dermal Fillers by clicking this link.