Vampire facial is a combination of microneedling and PRP, usually done on the face. Vampire facial can help:
- Reducing pigmentation on the skin
- Reduce fine lines and marks
- Reduce wrinkles by tightening the skin
- Lighten acne/pimple and other scars.
Microneedling prompts the muscles in the face to produce collagen and PRP helps in restoring the aged muscles and tightens them. This is a very good combination to reduce the signs of ageing.
“Though there is little research done, after performing 100s of PRP therapies on various parts of the body, vampire facial is sure to work on the face too. You will not be disappointed with the results.” says Dr. Kannan Kumar, MS, Mch (Plastic Surgery) from the Flood Gates Plastic Surgery Clinic, Chennai.
Vampire facial cost in Chennai, India can cost between Rs.50,000 to Rs.75,000 as of today. The cost of the procedure will vary depending on the following factors:
- The experience of the doctor performing the procedure
- The hospital where the procedure is being done
- The area on the face that needs to be covered. If you are looking to get rid of wrinkles around the eyes or lips, the procedure may cost much less.
To know the exact amount, you will need to set up an appointment with one of our plastic surgeons first.
Effects of vampire facial last for about a year and the duration of the effects depends on your lifestyle such as how long you spend in the sun, dust/pollution. How frequently you expose your skin to chemicals (may it be at work or even your make up). The food you eat and whether you workout regularly to keep your body in overall good health, your smoking and alcohol consumption habits.
Yes, a little. Vampire facial is a little painful. Local anaesthesia may be given at the time of the procedure but after the anaesthesia wears off, you will feel the pain due to microneedling and the PRP injected. You should feel better in a couple of days and if the pain (which is usually not unbearable) doesn’t subside, your plastic surgeon or dermatologist may give you pain medication.
Immediately after the procedure:
- Just rest. Don’t wash your face or wipe.
- Don’t expose your skin to sunlight. Remain indoors.
- Avoid application of any chemicals or creams except if your doctor gives you any.
- Use gentle soap when washing your face.
- Avoid bathing with very hot water or going to a sauna etc.
- Apply ice packs from the 2nd day to help with pain and inflammation / redness.
Surely multiple sessions (at least 3 will be required, spaced 6 months apart). This will make sure that you get rid of all the old skin and strengthen the weaker tissues in the face. PRP also helps with production of collagen (along with microneedling) and repairing of weak muscles and tissues.
Since this is not really an invasive procedure, there’s nothing much for you to prepare.
- Quit or pause smoking at least a month before the procedure. This helps your body to heal faster. If possible, quit smoking totally for a healthier life.
- Let your doctor know if you are already taking any medicines. He/she will let you know if you need to stop any of those. Eg. blood thinners.
- This is an out-patient procedure and it’s better if you take a ride back home.
Important thing that you need to know is, the procedure is a little painful but you will be able to tolerate it well. Depending on the depth or age of scars, dents on the skin, multiple sessions will be needed to get that near perfect look.
Don’t expect to look like when you were in your teens, most likely you won’t get that type of youthfulness in your face but certainly, you will look much younger than your current age/look.
Recovery (by the body) starts immediately. Body starts producing collagen due to the pricking done by microneedling. PRP also helps in producing more of it. That will start to tighten the face muscles.
During recovery, the old skin sheds off revealing new, younger and firmer looking skin that is generated by the body. Initial inflammation of the face will start to subside in a week and you can expect to see the results in a few weeks after the procedure. Note that just one session is not going to give you 100% results.
Blood is drawn from your own body. The plasma part of the blood is separated with a centrifuge machine and the rest of the blood is sent back into the body.
No. You can’t do vampire facial at home. You will need help from a specialist to get vampire facial done.