Vampire facelift is one of the popular face rejuvenation procedures opted by men in Chennai. The procedure involves injecting plasma (derived from the person’s own blood) along with hyaluronic acid fillers to reduce wrinkles on the skin and bring back the firmness and elasticity of the skin on the face.
What is a vampire facelift?
Vampire facelift (one of the non-surgical facelift procedures) is a minimally invasive plastic / cosmetic surgery procedure wherein the plasma derived from your blood is injected into your face. Vampire facelift is sometimes also called PRP Facelift or Platelet Rich Plasma Facelift procedure. Your blood is drawn into a centrifuge machine where the components of it are separated based on their densities. Plasma is separated from the blood and the remaining blood is pumped back into the body. The collected plasma, along with face fillers like ‘Juvederm’ is injected into the face where required.
The face filler goes under the skin making the cheeks plump and stretching the skin around the mouth to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. This can be seen very quickly (in a couple of days) after the procedure. The injected plasma rejuvenates the skin on the face and makes it look younger and brighter. Plasma helps in generating new skin cells, producing collagen that brings in the desired results. To see the complete effect of plasma, you may have to wait for a couple of weeks.
Are you a good candidate for vampire facelift?
You are a good candidate for vampire facelift provided you meet the following conditions:
- You are a non-smoker or if you pause or quit smoking a couple of months ahead of the procedure. (Smoking hinders healing process in the body and doesn’t give the expected results post any kind of surgery or medical procedure).
- You must be in good health overall. If you are taking medication for any kind of heart problems, cancer or blood thinners, you are not a good fit for most plastic surgery procedures.
- You should not be suffering from any kind of blood related diseases such as HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis etc.
- You should be expecting a realistic outcome after the procedure. A 40 year old man is not going to look like a 16 year old boy after the procedure. At the best, the face may look a decade younger.
Note: The effects of vampire facelift procedures are not forever. The results may stay on for a year after which, another procedure may be necessary. No procedure can stop the natural ageing process of the body.*
*Medical researchers at Tel Aviv University in Israel concluded that 60 sessions of HBOT (Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy) can put the age of your body cells back by 25 years. To know more read ‘How HBOT can reverse ageing of the human body?’
Vampire facelift benefits
- Vampire facelift is a non-surgical facelift procedure that can plump up the cheeks in aged men (and women).
- Can lighten acne scars and blemishes on the skin
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and lips and moustache area
- Make the skin look younger and smoother hiding the signs of ageing.
Vampire facelift cost in Chennai
Vampire facelift costs around Rs.50,000 per session in Chennai. Actual cost depends on how much area on the face needs to be covered. If more filler is needed, the cost may go up to Rs. 75,000/-. Please call our front desk for an appointment with top cosmetic surgeons in Chennai.
Risks and side effects of vampire facelift
Since this is a minimally invasive procedure, serious risks or side effects need not be expected. A little bit of swelling on the face, redness are very common. It may look like your face is bruised but that is quite common. Body may take little time to adjust to hyaluronic acid since that is a foreign substance but accepts the plasma readily. Burning or tingling sensation is normal and will subside in a couple of days.
Is a vampire facelift different from a vampire facial?
Yes, vampire facial requires micro-needling and it is different from vampire facelift. In our next article, you may read about vampire facials to know more about it.